With a record breaking attendance of 850 athletes from 50 ries the Grand Final of the 2013 Premier League in Salzburg on November 30th and December 1st was a huge success.
An exciting competition, great athletic performances, live video streaming of all 5 tatamis, good organization and the special Austrian atmosphere were the ingredients of a memorable weekend in Salzburg.
WKF President Antonio Espinos and Karl Hillinger, President of the Austrian Karate Federation, welcomed the participants from all over the world and handed out the trophies and cheques, not only to the winners of the competition in Salzburg, but also to the Grand Winners, those athletes, who had the highest overall scores in their category and also met the minimum participation ment of six Karate 1 competitions in the year 2013.
These are the Grand Winners of the 2013 Karate 1 season:
- Kata male: Simon Klausberger (Austria)
- Kata female: Maryia Fursava (Belarus)
- Kumite female -50: Bettina Plank (Austria)
- Kumite female -55: Valeria Kumizaki (Brazil)
- Kumite female -61: Sonja Steland (Luxemburg)
- Kumite female -68: Alisa Buchinger (Austria)
- Kumite female +68: Masa Martinovic (Croatia)
- Kumite male -60: Luca Maresca (Italy)
- Kumite male -67: Stefan Pokorny (Austria)
- Kumite male -75: Stanislav Horuna (Ukraine)
- Kumite male -84: Zurab Gabelia (Russia)
- Kumite male +84: Salim Bendiab (France)